Creative Uses of FLUX | After Effects Tutorial
Charles Yeager (yeagerfilm.com) shows us some of his favourite ways to use the FLUX plugin for After Effects:
• Create a Nebula/Space Scene, Flat and 360° Format (00:42)
• How to track FLUX to a 2D scene (shot with a drone) (6:09)
• 360° uses, including a time portal effect over flat footage (9:37)
• Create an environment map (spherical format) (12:48)
• Create a FLUX scene in Flat format and bring it into 360° format. (17:02)
What is FLUX?
FLUX brings Fractal Flames into After Effects. It’s 3D Volumetric, so you can move your camera around and through the FLUX “Volume”. Create sci-fi skies, Nebulas, Portals, and much more. Easily customisable, with many presets. Supports Flat, 360 Mono and Stereo. Download a free demo: www.mettle.com/free-demo
Creative Uses of FLUX in After Effects
Create FLUX Nebula/Space Scene.
FLUX with a tracked scene shot with a drone.
Using FLUX Camera Controls.
Using FLUX on tracked footage with Ae Camera Tracker.
Applying FLUX to 360 Footage.
Using FLUX to Create Textures.
Importing FLUX scene into VR Comp Editor.
Exporting FLUX in 360° Format.
Charles Yeager is a Filmmaker & Motion Graphics Artist currently residing in Arkansas. His projects have been recognized by Canon, Video Copilot, Vimeo, Filmmaker IQ, No Film School, Film Convert, BOOM Library & Filminute. See his portfolio at yeagerfilms.com.
Charles is the author of numerous Mettle tutorials on video post-production in After Effects and Premier Pro. You can find them in the tutorial sections on our website.