MANTRA V2 is here! Step into AR content creation in After Effects and Premiere Pro.
Mantra V2: Overview
Create 3D Objects in After Effects using Mantra v2
Mantra V2 adds the following functionality to Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro:
• New: Mantra ObjX– Import popular 3D formats (alembic, fbx, obj, glTF, USDZ), modify the materials and export them in AR-supported formats USDZ and glTF, supported by AR Players – Adobe Aero, and Apple Reality Composer.
• Updated “Mantra Spherify” – Convert 360° stills or footage into 3D spheres (portals) for use in AR. Use a different image for front and back side of the spheres. Includes full RGBA support. Export in USDZ and glTF format, for use in AR players like Adobe Aero and Reality Composer. Create spheres to use as portals in the AR players.
• Updated Mantra Graphix – Create geometry by extruding 2D graphics into 3D shapes, logos and text. Export in USDZ and glTF format, for use in AR players like Adobe Aero and Reality Composer.
• New: Mettle 3DNA – our own proprietary 3D Rendering Engine that enables advanced, volumetric workflows.
Mantra VR features included in Mantra V2:
• 360/VR + Flat Stylization VFX – Transform your flat and 360° footage/images with our unique set of FX designed to work in a 360° and flat format.
• Node-based Panel – Modify, merge, and chain effects, with automatic scripting.
• Audioreactive features: create animated FX automatically linked to your audio
• Supported Formats – Flat, 360° Monoscopic and Stereoscopic O/U + SBS.
• Globe Preview Panel – Preview our amazing FX on a sphere and inside HMD views.
• Compatible with Adobe Creative Cloud – a great way to extend the Immersive tools in After Effects and Premiere Pro.
“Mantra VR is an incredible tool from Mettle which unlocks a world of possibilities for manipulating 360˚ video.
The first time I used it, I was in awe of what it allowed me to do. There are so many parameters to play with and it’s genuinely fun to experiment with each new effect — so much so, that it’s easy to get sucked down the rabbit hole. It opens up new ways to create unique transitions and video effects within a spherical environment. Suddenly, 360˚ footage becomes a fluid, almost liquid-like substance, that you can pull, shape and mould, like an alchemist, to create surreal worlds, dreamscapes and alternate realities.”
Dan White, Director of Technology, Rapid VR
Getting Started with Mantra VR
Mantra VR Version 1.20
New features Overview
PIERS BARON – “Majesty”
(Official Music Video – 4K, Director/Editor – Ty Evans)
Mantra VR – multiple effects.
Jeep® Sessions: Jordy’s Surfing Journey in 360 ̊
Produced by RapidVR.
The Flat Earth Trailer
Directed by Ty Evans, Ghost Digital CInema.
Opening DJ set for Paul McCartney One on One tour, Oct 1 2017 Detroit Little Caesars Arena.
Produced by Chris Holmes
“I love the Mantra VR plugin. The effects are a godsend. I love the ease of working with them in [Adobe] Premiere. It’s so incredibly straightforward and easy.”
– Chris Holmes.
Chasing the World VR.
Virtual Dolly – camera movement in Post. Mantra VR > Mobius Transform.
By Chasing The World VR, Daniel Bury.
“Mettle Mantra VR is essential for Flat and 360° video post production.
Mobius Zoom allows for simulated camera zooms and movements which add production value to static shots. The creative applications of Mantra range from practical to psychedelic, and they empower storytellers to enhance 360 degree videos in creative ways that were not possible until now.”
Daniel Bury, Chasing the World VR
Microcosmic Garden | Robert Steven Connett.
Mantra VR > Turbulence effect.
Visuals by Martin Stebbing
Sunday Closing Set | Tipper
Mantra VR > Turbulence effect.
Visuals by Martin Stebbing.
Victoria Falls 8K 360°
“Virtual Dolly”: Mobius Zoom effect.
Courtesy Air Pano.
“VR Repeater”: Duplicate and Mirror your 360 footage.
Quick stylization for high impact.
Can be repeated on the X and Y axis.
Courtesy: Chasing the World VR.
Mantra VR | Full Overview
Individual Effects Tutorials:
V1.25 Mantra VR > Spherify
Mantra VR > Chrome Spheres. 360 Video courtesy Atmosphaeres.
Mantra VR > Circular Waves. Video courtesy Daniel Bury – Chasing the World VR
Mantra VR > Virtual Dolly with Mobius Transform. Courtesy Nanofilm.
Mantra VR > Different Effects. Courtesy Benjamin Bernard.