The most complete set of tools available for 360/VR Production in After Effects.
• Automatically sets up a 360 Master Comp and a linked 360 Output Comp to render from, so you can focus on content creation.
• A workflow solution of 2 scripts and 2 plugins that address different aspects of 360/VR production.
• Create content entirely within After Effects, or import stitched 360° footage to add text, logo and FX, do object removal or motion-tracking.
• Works within After Effect’s 3D space, with most Ae 3D plugins, including mettle ShapeShifter Ae, FreeForm, FreeForm Pro, Trapcode Particular and Form, Element 3D, Plexus and others.
• Awarded “Highly Commended” Badge by 3D World. Read the Review.
Q. Which SkyBox product is right for me?
A. SkyBox Plugin Comparison Chart
SkyBox + SkyBox Studio Overview
Compatible with our FREE SkyBox VR Player for Oculus Rift!
SkyBox Studio has 4 modules:
SkyBox Creator is a script module that lets you generate 360/VR from your After Effects comp. It automatically places a Camera with 6 views in your comp, to generate the output. And you can update your comp and refresh the output.
SkyBox Extractor is a script module that converts stitched 360 footage into 6 separate camera views, where you can motion-track, do object removal, add motion-graphics, vfx etc.
SkyBox Converter is a plugin that converts between Cubic Cross, Equirectangular and Spherical formats, (animations and still images). Re-orient Camera Controls with Tilt (X-Axis), Pan (Y Axis) & Roll (Z Axis) controls. Input – 2D Source
SkyBox Viewer is a plugin module that emulates what you will see in youtube 360, Oculus Rift and other formats. This is excellent for pre-flight testing of your composites and animations.
Compatible with all the latest VR and gaming formats.
Cubic Cross, Equirectangular and Spherical Formats.
Got one format and need another? SkyBox Converter does it almost instantly.
YouTube 360 format
When uploading to youtube: Follow the instructions on this page.
For After Effects: Use a SkyBox Map (animation/still) as a Reflection/Environment Map in After Effects, and your background and reflections will perfectly synch.
For 3D Apps: Create your custom maps in After Effects with SkyBox, and Import the Maps into Maya, Cinema 4D, 3ds Max, Houdini, Modo.